Friday, March 21, 2008

The things they say...


Have I told you about my children's obsession with doughnuts these days? A few months ago, I took them out on a Sunday and drove to the Krispy Kreme shop near me to get them for breakfast. Well, Matthew (my non-eater) ate 3! Since then, I've gotten some glazed doughnuts every week during grocery shopping. This has degenerated into Matthew ONLY wanting glazed doughnuts for breakfast. I buy 3 dozen each week (the cheap Food Lion brand...$2.99) and we can pretty much go thru them all. Matthew routinely eats 2 or 3 a morning. Logan wants one (before going to daycare where they feed her breakfast) and Riley eats 1 or 2.

Anyway, Logan and I have some alone time after the bus picks the boys up for school while I drive to the daycare. She is usually prattling to herself and most of the time I cannot hear what she is saying but today I hear this very distinctly...

....blah, blah, blah...when I grow up I want to be a doughnut...blah, blah.

It was the funniest. When I asked her what she just said, she repeated it, so I wasn't just hearing incorrectly. We got to have a nice discussion the rest of the drive about how she could NOT grow up to be a doughnut but that if she ate TOO many doughnuts she might LOOK like one!

1 comment:

junglemama said...

Yummy! I've been craving doughnuts. Your kids sound so cute.