Saturday, November 17, 2007

Going back!

I have been working on getting my homestudy updated for about 10 months now. Initially I was planning on going back to Russia but because of all of the slowdowns with accreditation issues, I spent some time this spring and fall doing some extra education and things while I considered adoption from Foster Care.

Ultimately, I decided to go back to Russia. I've spent the last 2-3 months trying to choose an agency. I can now say that I have signed with The Cradle to complete my 4th (and probably last) Russian adoption.

The exciting part is that I am going back to Rostov-on-Don! I am sooo happy to be having all of my kids have a common heritage and hope that it will make things easier when we go back to see where they came from.

The Cradle is an agency in Evanston IL. The international coordinator has been very nice, and very responsive. We had a phone conference on Monday of last week and we reviewed the dossier requirements. They do things a little differently than my previous agency and I was able to get the first installment of documents together and sent off to them by Friday in order for them to send them to Russia for them to be translated and for me to get a referral. She thought that I might be able to get a referral and first trip before the end of the year! I have a counter on the page to document how long it has taken from the time of signing with them. Here's hoping it is relatively quick.

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Congrats! The Cradle? What happened with AA? :)

Where are you at in the process?

junglemama said...

I love your counter. ;)

Also, are you hoping to adopt a baby? Just curious?