Saturday, June 7, 2008

Update on the heat.


...we had a bunch of things to do today but didn't try to do too much. The kids and I went out in the backyard at 8:30 and within 5 minutes I was sweating. But, while they played, I put (back) together the doll house that L. got for Christmas. One side of it had blown over in the high winds and storms we have had the last few weeks and last week, Matthew decided to push the rest of it over and jump on top of it. Luckily the plastic is pretty resilient (and he is pretty lightweight!) and then I cut off the wood on our back fence gate which won't open because the ground isn't level there...it still won't open completely but it is better.

...then I remembered that the boys REALLY needed haircuts and in my current penny pinching-trying to pay for the adoption expenses mode, I am not going to spend $25 on haircuts. So, one at a time I put them outside and I cut their hair. I have gotten better at doing boy haircuts over the 5 years I have had them - though they have gotten less likely to just want a buzz cut. But, I have a very expensive pair of hair shears (LEFTY) and a pretty good buzzer and we got it done. I think both of them came out better than I have ever done them before. I am starting to be able to "thin" out the top part of Riley's and still have it lay flat. Matthew's cowlick is another thing but it looks cute!

...by the time I finished doing that it was lunch time...Addison ate an entire PB & J sandwich and then about 2 cups of watermelon chunks. Then she and Logan took a nap. They woke up in time for a little running under the hose and then we went to dinner with Wendy and Pat.

...we finished up our excursion with a trip to Target to buy Matthew another DS since Logan broke his other one.

...now we are home and I am trying not to move too much. Hope you all are keeping cool

No comments: