Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday, Sunday...

Well, I am back at the business center whiling away the time. I will go out to the park near the hotel in a little while and listen to a book on tape for a few hours to have something to do. I am feeling lazy and tired but the bed in the hotel is not doing good things for my back so I have to get out of there for a while.

I am getting a little nervous about the trip with Addison. I have had about 10 visits with her so far for about 1 1/2 hours each. Each time she comes into the room, she starts crying. I don't think this is doing her any good, probably just confusing her more. I think she is going to need the total cut off of all of her ties to what she knows in order to start to look at me as someone other than a random person who keeps coming to see her.

On Friday, we were able to play outside an while we were outside, the rest of her group came out as well. The ladies made me leave the area where the other kids were, which I think A. took as a bad thing. We did about a million laps around the play area and you should have seen the other kids all coming up to me, smiling, and trying to touch me...it was so heart rendering. I think they knew that I was a "mamma" ...much more than A. does.

I will visit with her next week daily and I hope that she does okay but I am beginning to think that she won't start to open up until she "has" to. Now, don't get me wrong, she is taking less and less time to calm down and plays with me and smiles and laughs when I swing her or play with her. But, she just keeps looking at her friends and when it is time to go, she practically runs from me! Trying not to worry...(okay...worrying a little).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sue!

Sounds like you are making the most of your situation. I know it has got to be trying! Regarding Addison, you know it would be more worrisome if she cheerfully accepted you and was loving towards you. I think it's a good sign that she cries -- she's showing her attachments and the difficulty she'll have in breaking them. That's good! It also seems like maybe she has a little spunk, which will serve her well in life. Sounds like she is coping as best as she can with this new "stranger" but now not so much a "stranger" in her life. I know you can't wait for the day when she comes running to you and shouts with much love, "Mommy!" I'll pray that day comes sooner rather than later for you! Debra